Post-congress Tours (Excursions)
Five Post-congress Tours in Hokkaido are planned exclusively for the IWMC2015 participants: the first three excursions are sightseeing-oriented while two versions of mystery tours bring hands-on and local experiences to the participants. All tours are organized and run by JTB (Japan Travel Bureau) Hokkaido Corp. The registration is handled by JTB and linked here . The registration closes at 23:59 JST (14:59 UTC and 10:59 EST) on Sunday June 26, 2015, OR when a tour is booked out.
- The Shiretoko and Kushiro Marsh Excursion
- The Daisetsuzan National Park Excursion
- The Mystery Tours (2 tours)
* The Mystery Tours are supported by the hosting municipal governments to have overseas visitors enjoy the local experiences and to foster international exchange activities in their communities. Therefore, there is a limit to the number of Japanese participants.Please note the following four points. If you have a question, please contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The departure/arrival time, the lodgings and other details are the conditions as of December 2014 and subject to change. The finalized itinerary will be sent to each participant.
- The Daisetsuzan National Park Excursion and The Shikotsu Excursion depart at Sapporo Convention Center (the Congress Venue) after the Closing Ceremony on Thursday July 30, 2015. The other three tours depart Downtown Sapporo on Friday July 31st, 2015.
- Every tour stops at New Chitose Airport before coming back to Downtown Sapporo. Those participants who fly out from New Chitose Airport are advised to check their check-in time with their airline as well as the scheduled time of arrival of the tour.